Arunachal Pradesh State Wide Area Network (APSWAN)
The Government of Arunachal Pradesh has decided to establish the APSWAN project which would act as the vehicle for effectively implementing Electronic Governance (e – Governance) across the state. Besides video-conferencing facilities, the APSWAN project is set to improve the functioning of the government by faster electronic transfer of information in the form of voice, video and data. It will also help in effective implementation of all e-governance projects and would be a great support for e-tendering process followed by various departments in the state. For the implementation of APSWAN, the Department of Science & Technology, Government of Arunachal Pradesh (DST) has been identified as its implementing agency for APSWAN (Governancenow, 2012) 
Through implementing APSWAN, the Government of Arunachal Pradesh wishes to achieve the following:
- Provide reliable vertical and horizontal connectivity within the state. Administration to make the government more efficient & productive.
- Provide reliable vertical and horizontal connectivity within the state.
- Provide a secure backbone for encouraging electronic transactions.
- Provide efficient service management.
- Strengthen Disaster Management Capacity.
- Move toward the provisioning of converged communication services (voice , data and video) and the interconnection and interoperation of network platforms (Governancenow, 2012).
- ↑ Governancenow, 2012. [online].http://governancenow.com/gov-next/egov/arunachal-launches-it-project-dissemination-info